A few years ago I bought some pre-packaged monkey bread in the freezer isle. It was something that the kids liked and they thought the name of the bread was pretty funny. After trying the frozen monkey bread, I thought the concept was pretty cool and made some Pizza Monkey Bread. This was another monkey bread that my kids really liked.
Since it has been too hot to use the oven, I recently made some monkey bread in my slow cooker (crockpot) that was yet another hit. This is a recipe that only has a few ingredients and is super EASY to make.
- 1 can of Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- In a bowl add brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of biscuit into butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Add pieces of biscuits into your slow cooker in layers.
- Pour remaining sugar mixture over top of biscuits.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for about 2 to 2½ hours.