Yesterday I spoiled my family with making some Chocolate Cake Donuts. They were such a huge hit that I made them again today. These are super easy to make and your family or friends with think you rock!
Check out my recipe below:
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- In a large bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix your eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter and milk.
- Combine egg mixture to your flour mixture.
- Spray your donut pan with cooking spray. Fill each donut spot on your pan about 2/3 full and bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cool donuts in pan for a few minutes then remove.
- Frost the top of your donuts with glaze. To make glaze, just mix the confections sugar and milk.
I used my Norpro donut pan to make this recipe!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on these links, you are helping to support this blog!
Beeb Ashcroft says
Oooooh now I want donuts so bad!! Those look delicious!!
Ok, I’m coming over to your house because those looks so good!
Angela W says
WOW! Those donuts look fabulous!!! I’ve been looking for a donut recipe. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
what a great idea as an alternative for the usual cookie craze this time of year!
I’ll have to get myself a donut pan so I can make these–they look so yummy! 🙂
YUM!!! I am soooooo making these and I might have to reprint this on my site. =)
Marianna @ Green Mama's Pad says
omg those look so delicious. i will have to try this.
I must try them, I’m a huge fan of cake donuts especially when they’re chocolate! 🙂
those look SO good!
They look so yummy. I love donuts 🙂
This looks soo good!
Cat Davis says
I just love cake donuts but I’ve never had a chocolate one before. I’ll have to try these this weekend.
I have never tried this before but they look so good! I will have to try this one day!
These look tasty!
Lynsey @MoscatoMom says
Ohhh my gosh I am making these tonight LOL They look AWESOME!!
I made these last night to take to work and they were an epic fail. They looked so good in the picture but that had very little flavor and were overly chewy. I will not be making them again.
Tricia N says
thanks so much for the recipe!! my 11 yr old daughter seen the photo and she’s excited to give this recipe a try. They look Delicous