Since the kids are home for the summer, I have been busy coming up with creative and healthy snack options for them. At the grocery store there are lots of healthy options, but there is also a neat little subscription service that you can find online called NatureBox. This services delivers healthy snacks to your home and allows families to discover a variety of different healthy snacks each month.
This month I received one of the NatureBox varieties and used one of the items from my shipment in my new Apple Spice Muffins with Granola Crumb Topping recipe. If you are one that enjoys trying new snacks that are healthy, the NatureBox is something you will definitely want to try.
Here are some of the features of NatureBox that I want to share:
- Available in 3 different sizes: Savvy Snacker, Family Snacker and Professional Snacker.
- Products are made from wholesome ingredients and are Nutritionist-approved.
- They currently ship to the 48 continental states, FPO/APO addresses and PO Boxes.
- Products contain NO high fructose corn syrup, NO partially hydrogenated oils, NO trans fat, NO artificial sweeteners, NO artificial flavors and NO artificial colors.
When you subscribe you will receive a Discovery Box of surprise snacks for your 1st NatureBox. For me, I like surprises! After the first month you have the option to choose the snacks that you receive. You can find a catalog of the NatureBoxes along with the nutrition label and ingredient list for the snacks on their website.
With my NatureBox, I received a package of the Cherry Crumb Granola that is is a soft-bakes granola with dried cherries. I knew the kids would like this and wanted the package to go a long way. I had been wanting to make some muffins using some apples since this is the one fruit that my whole family likes.
Since I like to “spice up” my recipes, I thought it would be a clever idea to give my apple spice muffins a nice and delicious topping. A topping made with some brown sugar, the granola and a little butter. Yum!
And now for the recipe for these YUMMY Apple Spice Muffins With Granola Crumb Topping that I recently made:
- 2½ cups flour (all-purpose or wheat)
- ¾ cup cook cooking rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup diced apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup NatureBox Cherry Crumble Granola
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 TBS unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- In a bowl mix ingredients for topping. Use fingers to combine ingredients into a crumble like texture. Add more granola or flour to get desired texture. Set aside.
- In another bowl add all wet ingredients and diced apples and stir to blend. Add wet ingredients to large bowl with dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add liners to muffin tin or use nonstick muffin tins and add muffin batter to each of the wells in tin filling to about ¾ full. Sprinkle top of batter with topping.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, ovens will vary.
- Remove, cool and enjoy!
This is a recipe that I came up with using just one of the ingredients from my NatureBox. If you want to find more recipes like this one, take a peek at the recipes on the NatureBox website and on their social media sites.
The NatureBox makes for great gifts for friends and family for holidays, special occasions and especially a great gift for the person on your shopping list that likes to eat healthy. Interesting in signing up? This Mom Can Cook readers can SAVE 50% OFF your first shipment by using promo code: SUMMERSNACKS.
Visit NatureBox at: www.NatureBox.com.