This is a partnered post with Old London®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I can’t help it but I love avocados. Not only can I make some great guacamole, I also find other ways to incorporate avocados into my meals. I consider the avocado a superfood because of all of it’s benefits. Since I love egg salad and an avocado can bring some foods great flavor I added some avocado to my egg salad and the results were delicious.
Instead of putting the egg salad on some bread I chose to use some of the Old London® Ancient Grain Melba Toast for a light bread replacement.
This would not only make for a great snack it would also make for a great appetizer if you happen to like having unique foods at your parties. Old London has a variety of products that would go well with this Avocado Egg Salad recipe like their Melba Toast, Bagel Chips, Melba Snacks and Flatbread.
Right now Old London just launched a brand new sweepstakes “Win A Trip To Hungryland” where they are giving away a trip to Los Angeles to meet Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien who has created some amazing recipes and who has some amazing cookbooks! To enter for your chance to win, visit Old London’s Facebook page.
And now for the Avocado Egg Salad Recipe for those that want to try it.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium or large avocado
- ⅛ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ½ tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Bacon pieces (optional)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat. Once water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let eggs remain in water about 15-17 minutes then cool completely before use.
- Peel eggs and then slice in half. Remove egg yolks and keep only half of the egg yolks, discarding the rest. Chop egg whites into small pieces.
- Remove skin and seed from avocado then cut avocado into ½ pieces and set aside.
- Smash egg yolks and add into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, lemon juice, pepper, chives and avocado and stir to blend ingredients well.
- Add chopped eggs to mixture and stir to blend.