One of my FAVORITE appliances in my kitchen is my crockpot. I love being able to add ingredients and let it cook itself. Just the other day I wanted to make something different. Now normally I cook dinners in my crockpot, but this time I made something sweet.
I got out my 120 Slow Cooker Recipe Favorites: Mary Engelbreit’s Fan Fare Cookbook and looked under desserts. I found the Lemon Cake Dessert recipe and knew I had to give it a try. If you like bread pudding and you like lemon, you might just LOVE this recipe.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package instructions
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Stir the white chocolate chips, pudding mix, and sour cream into the prepared cake batter.
- Spray a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with butter-flavored cooking spray, and then pour the batter into it. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours, and then stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for another 1½ hours or until the dessert is mostly set in the middle and firm around the edges. The top and middle will still be a little goey.
- Turn off slow cooker and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. The dessert will have a consistency of a bread pudding.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream
I actually don’t like bread pudding, but found this to be delicious.
The vanilla ice cream went really well with it too! I am a cake and ice cream kind of gal and this was good.