I have found a recipe that my kids really enjoy. I have made monkey bread in the past that was sweet. Now I have made a monkey bread that they can eat for lunch or dinner or maybe even just a snack. Just this week I made Pizza Monkey Bread and my 3 year old son has been asking for more every day.
Check out my recipe for Pizza Monkey Bread.
- 1 packet yeast (2¼ tsp)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP sea salt
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning (for coating)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese - grated (for coating)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup pepperoni - chopped in pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - chopped in little squares
- In mixing bowl add yeast and warm water. Let sit for a few minutes to allow yeast to start working.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- In another bowl, add parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning to make coating mixture.
- Slowly add flour to your bowl in batches using mixer fitted with dough hook. Be sure to scrape the sides as dough is kneading to make sure everything is added/mixed. Let mixer knead dough for 4 to 5 minutes until it comes together as a large mass of dough.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl, shape dough into ball form and place in lightly oiled bowl for 1 hour to allow the dough to rise.
- After 1 hour, take dough ball and break into small pieces. Lightly flatten each piece and place 1 or 2 pieces of cheese on top along with a few pieces of pepperoni. Close pieces of dough and seal to create a ball. Roll ball in melted butter and dust with coating mixture. Continue until dough is gone.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray or use nonstick pan and arrange dough balls in bowl going clockwise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and dip in your favorite dipping sauces!
Making pizza monkey bread from scratch is easy! Here is some pictures of the process:
Officially ready to eat! My son prefers to dip these in ranch. I like to dip them in marinara sauce!