When it comes to Italian dishes, besides spaghetti and lasagna and LOVE me some stuffed shells. I remember years ago buying them frozen in bulk and heating them up individually when I had the craving for one. Now I made a big dish of them, they are that good.
If you want to make stuffed shells, checkout my recipe for stuffed shells with ricotta cheese and ground beef.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- 16oz marina sauce
- 12oz Ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 box Jumbo shells (12oz)
- In a skillet add ground beef and seasoning. Cook until no longer pink and drain. While cooking meat, cook jumbo shells according to package and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of the marinara sauce to skillet and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes to heat up and create a thick meat/sauce mixture.
- Add ½ cup marinara sauce to 13×9 baking dish and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the Mozzarella cheese. Stir until blended.
- Add a spoonful of meat mixture into each shell along with about 1 TBS of cheese mixture. Fill each shell until mixture is gone.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over shells and top with the leftover 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
These are also great to bake when you are making lasagna since they have most of the same ingredients!
See, look how easy it is!
What is your favorite Italian dish?