Until this weekend, I don’t think I have ever had pumpkin and chocolate together. What I found out is that the two flavors can go together perfectly in a cake. I had been eager to make something pumpkin since Autumn is finally here, but also had my mind on chocolate at the same time. With that said, I put on my thinking cap and put together a pumpkin cake with chocolate that was gone in just minutes.
Below is my recipe for my moist and oh so YUMMY Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter - softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin - pure
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup walnuts - finely chopped - divided in half
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients except one half of walnuts and mix well.
- In a 10-inch bundt pan, add remaining walnuts and then spoon cake mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 -65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool (10-20 minutes) before you remove cake from pan
- Slice cake and enjoy!
Hmm, this might go well on Thanksgiving….