One of my favorite types of cookies and also a cookie I enjoy making is the peanut butter blossoms. Those would be peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss in the center. While I love peanut butter I think I love chocolate even more.
How about some Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms…
These cookies are so good. I think I may might make them with cocoa more often! I actually need to make another batch.
- 48 Hershey Kisses
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and ⅓ cup granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; eat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually eat into peanut butter
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately press chocolates into center of each cookies; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire wrack. Cool completely.
What is your favorite cookie?