Every year during the holidays I made the same deviled eggs. They are good but they taste the same and for me that can be boring. I thought I would get a little creative and spice up my deviled eggs just a bit. These are are deviled eggs with a little spicy kick to them with a tad of BACON on the top.
I only made 12 and they were gone in just a couple minutes. Next time I will be sure to make double what I made to make sure I get at least a couple. Below is my recipe for Bacon & Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tbs mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1-2 pieces of crispy bacon (crumbled)
- In a large pot boil eggs for 25 minutes. Drain hot water from pain and fill with cold water and ice. Cool in cold water for a few minutes, then move to refrigerator to cool an additional 1-2+ hours.
- Once eggs are cooled, remove shells and slice eggs in half. Remove yolks and put in bowl.
- Smash egg yolks with fork and add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Fill each of half of egg with yolk and top with crumbled bacon.