When it comes to fruit, you can usually count on them being sweet, well maybe besides lemons and limes. You can also count on them being beneficial to eat, like mangos. Did you know that there are many health benefits to eating a mango?
- Mangos help to prevent cancer
- Mangos can help lower cholesterol
- Mangoes can be used internally and externally to help clear your skin
These are just a few of the health benefits. I thought I would share with you a YUMMY recipe for Mango Jicama Salad that you might also want to try:
Mango, Jicama & Cucumber Salad
- 2 small yellow mangos peeled, pitted, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 red orgreen mangos peeled, pitted, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium jicama peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder or fruit and snack seasoning recommend Tajin Fruit and Snack Seasoning
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
In a mixing bowl combine the mangos, jicama, cucumbers, and lime juice. Sprinkle with chile powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Do you have any dishes that you like to add mangos to?