Cinco de Mayo is just less than 2 weeks away which means you have time to plan the perfect meal.
How about some pulled mouthwatering pulled pork tacos?
Tony Roma’s Pitmasters has given tacos a punch with their pulled pork. Just add some red onions, garlic, spices and serve with a wedge of lime.
Below you will find the Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe that will make the perfect dish for the holiday.
Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pkg. 16 oz. of Tony Roma’s Pitmasters Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 slices peeled fresh pineapple cut about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small poblano pepper halved and seeded
- 1/2 red onion cut into thin slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 juicy lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°-500°F) and lightly oil the grate.
Grill pineapple, peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender.
Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
Dice the grilled pineapple, peppers and onions and place in a medium bowl.
Add chopped jalapeno and cilantro and season with a big squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzling of olive oil.
Season salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Heat Tony Roma’s Pulled Pork as per package instructions.
Place desired amount of heated meat in each tortilla.
Top with grilled pineapple salsa, lettuce and cheese.