Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and many will be celebrating with FOOD. I plan to celebrate by cooking up some awesome dishes for my family. We are a family that never gets tired of eating homemade Mexican food.
Below are some YUMMY recipes that I wanted to share to help get your Cinco de Mayo started.
Spicy Crunchy Chicken Wraps
Serving Size: Makes 8
1 pkg (14 oz each) Banquet® Original Chicken Breast Tenders
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1 cup ranch dressing
1 pkg (8 ct each) 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
4 cups thinly sliced green leaf lettuce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bake chicken tenders in preheated oven according to package directions. Meanwhile, stir together drained tomatoes and dressing in small bowl.
- Spread one tortilla evenly with 3 to 4 tablespoons dressing mixture. Then top with 1/2 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon cheese and about 3 chicken tenders. Fold one side of tortilla over filling, then roll to wrap filling in tortilla.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Smoky Huevos Rancheros
Serving Size: Makes 4
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ medium onion, finely chopped
½ green pepper, finely chopped
½ jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 14.5-ounce can Hunt’s diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
8 large eggs
4 6-inch corn flour tortillas
Pam non-stick spray
Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Make salsa by softening onions, green peppers, and jalapeño peppers in a medium saucepan on medium heat, for about 3-4 minutes. Add drained tomatoes, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and allow to simmer, uncovered for 5 minute. Set aside.
- Spray some Pam non-stick spray on both sides of a tortilla and place it on a small 6-8 inch non-stick frying pan or egg pan on medium-low heat. Cook the first side of the tortilla for about 3 minutes, flip, and carefully add two eggs on top of the tortilla. Place a line of two heaping tablespoons of salsa between the two eggs, cover pan, and bring heat to low. Allow eggs to cook between 3-4 minutes remove from heat and serve on a plate with chopped cilantro.
Want to change up your normal dinner routine and add a little spice? Take a visit to ReadySetEat.com for lots of great recipes that use simple ingredients that are ready in 30 minutes or less.
George Duran’s Cinco de Mayo Tips
- If you need your small corn or flour tortillas heated up quickly, simply drop them into the toaster slots and heat for about 30 seconds.
- When making Guacamole, speed the ripening process of the avocados by putting them in a brown paper bag and leaving them at room temperature for a day or two.
- Easily remove seeds from a jalapeno pepper by cutting it in half lengthwise. Then use a melon baller to scrape out the seeds and vein. Remember to wear gloves!
Now For The Cinco de Mayo Giveaway
One winner is going to receive a Cinco de Mayo giveaway prize pack that includes:
- PAM Cooking Spray
- Ro*Tel Tomatoes w Chilies
- Ro*Tel Tomatoes w Cilantro
- Rosarita Beans
- Fiesta Chip and Dip Tray
1) To enter this giveaway, please leave me a comment telling me your favorite Mexican food dish.
#2 – Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment that you are a subscriber. (2 extra entries – leave a comment for each)
#3 – Follow me on Twitter – leave your user name in your comment.
#4 – Send a Tweet or Re-Tweet this post with Twitter @thismomcancook – leave a link to your Tweet. This can be done once 2 times per day!
#5 – Blog about this giveaway – Leave link to your post (5 extra entries – leave comment for each entry)
#6 – On Facebook, become a fan of This Mom Can Cook (1 extra entry – leave comment)
#7 – Join/Follow Mom’s Blog On Google Friend Connect (See right sidebar)
#8- Comment on any NON-GIVEAWAY post – (1 extra entry each – Max 10 Entries – LEAVE A COMMENT FOR EACH entry with name of post
This giveaway will end on May 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. The winner will be chosen at random using “And The Winner Is” plugin from all valid entries and submitted. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to contact me with their mailing information before another winner is chosen. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only ages 18 years or older.
Disclosure – I will be receiving a giveaway package mentioned above in exchange for this post .This post is not a paid post and the opinions stated herein are 100% my own.
I like tacos, or chimichangas!
Iam an email subscriber.
Iam an email subscriber x2.
kolpin4680 at gmail dot com
email subscriber kolpin4680 at gmail dot com
email subscriber kolpin4680 at gmail dot com
twitter follower @kolpin4680 kolpin4680 at gmail dot com