They definitely taste better than they look
So I have been craving breaded chicken strips lately. I love being able to dip my chicken into honey mustard and bbq sauce. Last night instead of going out for fast food to fix my craving for breaded chicken, I decided to try to make my own. All of my family including my 2 friends that I served all complimented these chicken strips. I thought they were good and I definitely will be making them again.
Below is my recipe for Stove Top Stuffing Breaded Chicken Strips.
- 1 to 2 pounds chicken breast – cut in strips
- 1 cup stove top stuffing – crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Cooking oil
- Lightly use a meat pounder or ice cream scoop and pound each piece of chicken on flat surface
- In three bowls add flour, eggs and crushed stove top stuffing. I added 1 TBS of water to my eggs to thin it out.
- Heat stove to medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil. I used about 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Take each piece of chicken and drench in flour, then dip in egg, then cover in stove top stuffing mix. Make sure each side has been covered.
- Lay 4 pieces of chicken in skillet at a time. Turn each strip after 1 minute and turn 4 times.
- Remove and lay on plate covered with paper towel or napkin to absorb oil
Tricia Nightowlmama says
Briallant Idea… Love it. And stove top is delicious
Those look so good. I’ve made something similar using cracker crumbs but never thought to use Stove Top.
Becca @ Mama B says
Looks so good!
Oh I have to try this – I have a bunch of stuffing in my cupboard that I need to use up!
Man, I just had this idea, and came to look it up. Thought I invented something. lol Now I’m going to try it.