Ever have one of those nights when you can’t think of much to make for dinner that isn’t the something you cook all the time? The other day I was trying to think of something that I could make that wasn’t tacos, spaghetti, burritos, chicken, yada yada. I remember having mashed potato pie at a friends a few years ago and the kids liking it so I put on my baking cap and went to work. Below is my recipe for Mashed Potato Pie.
- Mashed potatoes – instant use 6 servings
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can french style green beans
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- seasoning salt, pepper, onion salt (to your liking)
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, seasoning salt, pepper and onion salt. Place on the bottom of a pie dish.
- In a bowl, mix the green beans and chicken soup together and place on top of meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drain and add mashed potatoes and top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Beeb Ashcroft says
Fun! Do you ever make Shepherd’s Pie? If you like this I think you would love Shepherd’s Pie too! Here’s my traditional English recipe: http://www.supercoupongirl.com/coupon-funded-menu-corner-shepherds-pie/
Gwen Bonney says
Hi there. I am serving this chicken recipe tonight at our Christmas dinner, but can you tell me what kind of wine we should drink with it? Is a Cabernet Sauvignon any good with chicken? I believe I am a reasonable cook, but I have absolutely no idea about which wine matches good with chicken. Thnx Gwen
Sounds yummy! Thanks.
I’m going to test this out over the weekend and I’m going to try Beeb’s! Thanks for sharing.
Yum, this looks so good. Sounds like a spin off of shepherd’s pie which we make quite often.
This looks so yummie!! I am always looking for new recipes to try! thank you! (I’m performing random acts of comments today. You were on the forum when I decided to leave some comments. Have a happy day!)
Erin @ Making Memories says
Oh my gosh. This sounds so incredibly good!
That sounds really good. I’m sure hubby and kiddo would like this 🙂 thanks for the recipe 🙂