Ever have one of those nights when you can’t think of much to make for dinner that isn’t the something you cook all the time? The other day I was trying to think of something that I could make that wasn’t tacos, spaghetti, burritos, chicken, yada yada. I remember having mashed potato pie at a friends a few years ago and the kids liking it so I put on my baking cap and went to work. Below is my recipe for Mashed Potato Pie.
- Mashed potatoes – instant use 6 servings
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can french style green beans
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- seasoning salt, pepper, onion salt (to your liking)
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, seasoning salt, pepper and onion salt. Place on the bottom of a pie dish.
- In a bowl, mix the green beans and chicken soup together and place on top of meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drain and add mashed potatoes and top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.