This picture serves the meal no justice, but hey its a picture!
If you ever thought you could not make lasagna in the crock pot, you are WRONG. My husband was teasing me yesterday telling me that I could not make lasagna in the crock pot and I proved him wrong. Everyone loved the dish and I took the leftovers over to my cousin. Felt good feeding my family as well as hers.
Here goes the recipe!
- 1 package lasagna noodles – uncooked
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage – cooked and drained
- 1 pound ground beef – cooked and drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce – large
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with a few layers of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- In a pot, mix your spaghetti sauce, ground beef and sausage.
- Use about half of your sauce mixture and cover the layer of noodles in crock pot.
- Now spread half of the cottage cheese over the top of the sauce mixture/noodles .
- Slowly pour the 1/2 cup water on top
- Now sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat the above steps 1-6, to create a second layer of lasagna but OMIT the water.
- Put on the lid and let cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
This does look great! I’ll have to try this as I get lazy putting a regular lasagna together. This looks simple, easy, and delicious! I’m going to try it this week. Thanks for the recipe! 🙂