Last week I was browsing the Betty Crocker website in search for new recipes to cook. I found one that I thought my whole family would eat (especially my husband). This meal was a hit with no leftovers and I didn’t even get to take my own picture. Below is my version of Cheesy Tater Tot Chicken Casserole.
- Tater Tots – Around 4 cups
- 1 bag (24 oz) Green Giant® frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and cheese-flavored sauce
- 1 can Campbells Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded sheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast – cut in small pieces
- Place the package of Green Giant vegetables in a casserole dish (11×7) and cook 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese sauce. Be sure to stir at least once in between cooking.
- Add chicken, can of cheddar cheese and stir.
- Top chicken mixture with tater tots
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and top tater tots with shredded cheese. Cook an additional 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
This recipe was adapted from the Betty Crocker website’s Cheesy Tater-Topped Chicken Casserole.
That looks yummy!
ooohhh… tater tots. YUM! I’m definitely going to make this.
Not So Average Mama says
I’m not a chicken and cheese person, but my kids would love this!
Harold Desmond says
Does anyone have a good recipe for beef burritos? My wife could really use it… lol
Okay, I made this again last night. Instead of using a can of Campbells Cheddar cheese, I used a can of cream of chicken. Came out good!
Oh yum! Anything with tater tots my fam will eat 🙂
WOW CHEESE. ha ha. this is great recipe (thanks for sharing) but I left off all the cheese. Regular frozen vegetables and cream of chicken soup and no added cheese. I don’t have kids but I understand they can be very picky and usually love cheese. LOVE your site!
Love tater tots,chicken and cheese! Can’t wait to try this!
made this last night with ground beef….we LOVED it.
Penelope (NYC Blogger) says