Yesterday we BBQ’d for some friends and I thought I would make a dessert dish for my guests that was both new and different. I had a yummy looking recipe that I bookmarked on the MomStart blog for Tasty Treat Thursday Strawberry Jell-O Pretzel Salad. I put my baking hat on yesterday and produced my Strawberry Jello-Pretzel Pie.
- 2 cups pretzels – smashed into small pieces
- 1 6oz package Strawberry Jell-O
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 1 container (6 oz) whipped topping (Cool Whip or other brand) – room temperature
- 8oz cream cheese – room temperature
- Combine the crushed pretzels, 3 TBS of sugar and the melted butter. This is going to be your crust, so mix well.
- Bake crust on 350 degrees for 10 minutes and cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, combine cool whip, powdered sugar and cream cheese and mix well. (Set aside)
- Mix 2 cups of boiling water, Jell-O package and sliced strawberries. Place in freezer about 1 hour to cool or until it starts to form like gel.
- Add cool whip mixture on top of pretzel crust and make smooth. (You will have extra)
- Add strawberry mixture on top of cool whip mixture and make smooth (do not mix).
I had this Strawberry Jello-O Pretzel Pie in the fridge for a couple hours before we ate it. I am hoping that it tastes even better today!
Jolene Johnson says
OMG this is already bookmarked and I can’t wait to try it! It looks delicious! I never thought of using pretzels for a pie crust. I LOVE baking and creating desserts so I will probably alter it a little. Definetly going to the store to pick up ingredients today 🙂
mmm looks good. I wonder how it would come out substituting the new cooking creme for the cream cheese. I made some sweet and some savory dips yesterday and had a bunch of friends over and they couldn’t tell the difference.
handy since I got like 16 free by using coupons!
Can u say YUM?! OMG I love Strawberries and this looks delicious!!!!
That looks so yummy 🙂
Paula @ Frosted Fingers says
That looks simple and yummy! I’m going to Pin it so others can find it 🙂
This sounds really good! I love salty and sweet together!
Pretzels as the crust? Genius! I will definitely try!