Last week I made a dessert in my crock pot for the first time. While I have been using a crock pot to make stews and other dinner related dishes, I had NEVER thought of cooking anything sweet in it. Then I seen a recipe and I knew I had to try it. Below is my recipe for Crock Pot Apple Cake………..
- 1 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large apples – peeled and chopped in small cubes/pieces (I used 3 different types of apples)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the peeled & diced apples and coat with flour mixture.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and vanilla. Once mixed, add to apple mixture. Your mixture will be thick.
- Cook in crock pot on high for 2 hours. Cake will be done when toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Finding Joy In My Kitchen.
Cindi @ Frugal New England Kitchen says
That sounds wonderful, especially now that fall is here! I’m all about crockpots and making life easier!
I’m all about apples now for some reason. This sounds pretty easy. How did it taste? Is it like apple crumble?
How did you enjoy it? I’m glad to hear you gave it a try.
I dont’ use a crock pot much but I may have to dig it out for this! Add a scoop of ice cream and a glass of milk and I’ll be all set!
Kelly Stilwell says
I use my crock pot often, but never have tried a cake! I will now! Thanks!
Mya Murphy says
I have been searching EVERYWHERE for an awesome-sounding crock pot cake. I own NO oven, I’m definitely making this. Looks soooo yummy!