Who says I can’t have my chocolate in my coconut macaroons. Since I have been wearing my “baking hat” quite often this past week or two, I thought I would come up with something creative. I like coconut and I LOVE chocolate. These came out BETTER than expected. My husband LOVED them and so did I! Check out my recipe for Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons…….
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, coconut and the salt.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla and stir until well mixed. The dough will be stiff.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet (or nonstick). What you will want to do is create a small hole in center of your dough, add about 5 of the mini chocolate chips and place a small amount of dough on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until cookies are golden.