I love BBQ sauce + pork. Those two just go hand in hand for me. When we BBQ at home, I love when we make boneless pork ribs! I just recently found a way to make one of my favorite dishes at home and in my crockpot that includes PORK. Did I mention, my crockpot is one of my favorite ways to cook! Anyhow, I love pulled pork sandwiches and want to share with you my new recipe!
- 3 pounds of boneless pork shoulder
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 2 TBS brown sugar (can omit)
- 1/4 of a 2-liter of A&W Root Beer
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Wash and cut boneless pork into large chunks
- In a bowl add pork and top with salt and pepper (to your likings).
- Mix and toss the pork so the salt and pepper is spread throughout all of your pieces.
- In a large skillet or pot, sear each chunk of pork over medium heat until each side is browned and caramelized
- Place pork into crock pot, add root beer and sprinkle top with brown sugar
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours
- To serve, take a fork and shred pieces of pork. Add to your favorite bread with lots of BBQ sauce
- Enjoy your sloppy sandwich!
valmg @ From Val's Kitchen says
This sounds good! Thanks for sharing!
I love me some pulled pork!
I would never have thought of using root beer. Sounds good!
I love pulled pork, I may have to switch out the DP for coca-cola though LOL