Yesterday was the first time I have ever made tamale pie. Better yet, in my crock pot which is one of my FAVORITE kitchen appliances. The recipe is quite easy and good too! Check out my Crock Pot Tamale Pie Recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small can green chilies diced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut and diced (around 2 cups)
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 package (10 oz) corn bread mix
- 2 eggs
- In a large skillet, brown meat until no longer pink. Drain and add to crock pot.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder to meat and stir.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, chilies and enchilada sauce and stir.
- Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours on low.
- In a small bowl stir corn bread mix and eggs. Add to top of mixture in crock pot and cook an additional hour.
Want to see where I found this recipe? Check out Simple Being Mommy’s version of this recipe.
tamalie pie is or was popo’s all-time favorite food!
I’m all about the crockpot! 😉 Simple, easy…and usually pretty delicious. I’ll have to bookmark this one to try soon!
Nina Say @ The One Fantastical says
This looks SO delicious! I am writing down the ingredients and I will be making this soon!
Gee, now I am hungry!
Shop with Me Mama says
Girl, you are making me HUNGRY!! Great recipes!!
Our crockpot has been working double time since baby #2 arrived. Thanks for the inspiration!