Yesterday, I made chili with chicken for the first time. It turned out delicious and I was left with NO leftovers. I am definitely going to make this again. If you like chicken and you like chili, be sure to try this chicken crock pot recipe too!
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped in pieces
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (cut and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs cornmeal
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa (medium)
- 1 can (15oz) pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- In your crock pot, mix bell peppers, onions and garlic
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Once mixed, add chicken and toss to coat. Pour chicken mixture into crock pot.
- Stir in salsa, beans and tomatoes
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours
- Serve with cornbread and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Chili!