Yesterday, I made chili with chicken for the first time. It turned out delicious and I was left with NO leftovers. I am definitely going to make this again. If you like chicken and you like chili, be sure to try this chicken crock pot recipe too!
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped in pieces
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (cut and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs cornmeal
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa (medium)
- 1 can (15oz) pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- In your crock pot, mix bell peppers, onions and garlic
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Once mixed, add chicken and toss to coat. Pour chicken mixture into crock pot.
- Stir in salsa, beans and tomatoes
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours
- Serve with cornbread and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Chili!
Andrea @ The Creative Junkie says
OMGosh, I am so trying this! I love chicken and I love chili!
YUM! This sounds really good. I love chili. I have a whit chicken crockpot chili that I love, but nobody else eats it. I get it all to myself. 🙂
Kelly W says
This looks delish and I’m going to cook it this week, but I do have one question (and it may be obvious). When you say “Pour chicken mixture into crock pot” is that the chicken AND all of the spices you mixed it in or is it just the chicken? Thanks
Virginia from Lady V dZine says
We usually eat green bean chili (a modified ww recipe), but this looks yummy, too!
Kelly, you pour the chicken along with all the seasonings in the dish you used. 🙂
Kelly W says
Great!! I will be making this tomorrow. Thank you
I love cooking meals in a crock pot. Yummy!
Cat @ 3 Kids and Us says
Mmm I love chili but I’ve never made it in the crockpot. This one sounds really good. My secret spice is Mr. Hoggs Mild Red … it’s hard to find but soooo good if you like red chili.
I’ve never tried chili with chicken, have always made it with beef. I’ll definitely have to try it though, I love chicken and this recipe looks good.
Wow — I haven’t tried chili in the crockpot . . . and haven’t tried making it with chili. THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD!
Oh this looks so yummy! Perfect time to make it now that fall is here.
I think this could be a family favorite!
I like chicken in my chili. 🙂