When it comes to avocados, I could eat them alone. They are also great in guacamole, on burgers, in a salsa and even fried. Today I wanted to share with you a yummy recipe courtesy of the Almond Board of California that I plan on trying soon.
Avocado & Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds roasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy-based “sour cream”
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
- Artisan Nut Thins to serve
Combine about half of kidney beans and about half of chickpeas in a food processor or blender, and pulse until mashed but still chunky.
Combine the rest of the ingredients with the bean mixture above until well mixed.
Serve with Blue Diamond's new Artisan Nut Thins.
What is your favorite way to eat an avocado?