Since it is Friday, I thought it would only be fair to post an easy recipe for some soft peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies that I recently made that you might want to make this weekend. These are simple cookies that are easy to make and taste pretty good!
For those that love peanut butter cookies but also like chocolate chip, here is your peanut butter and chocolate chip fix.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugars. Add chocolate chips, egg and vanilla and blend well.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add both mixtures together and stir to make your dough. Make 1 inch balls of dough and place on ungreased non-stick cooking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Then remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.