One thing you might have heard your whole life is that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Since that is true, might as well make that breakfast something delicious and full of flavor that you love.
For those of you that love Nutella and french toast, you just might LOVE this breakfast idea from Bauli that you can stuff with your favorite hazelnut spread.
- For the whipped cream:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- For the toast:
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 slices Bauli Panettone, left out overnight if possible
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- For the filling:
- ¼ cup hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup raspberry jam or preserves
- Whip the cream and vanilla with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Soak Panettone slices in mixture for 30 seconds on each side. Place bread into the pan and cook until bottom is golden and crisp. Turn, and repeat with other side. Repeat with all of the bread, keeping it warm in a 200° oven.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hazelnut spread and 2 tablespoons of jam on two of the bread slices. Top with remaining slices and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Serve warm.