Fourth of July is only a few days away. Are you planning a BBQ and want to impress your guests? Try my BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf to put on the grill.
1. In a large bowl, add the 2 lbs of the grounded and the remaining ingredients (except bacon, 1 TBS BBQ Sauce & 1 TBS brown sugar) and mix well. (Set aside)
2. Next you are going to create your bacon weave for your meatloaf. Lay down 8 pieces of bacon on a flat surface. I used wax paper to make it easier to manage.
3. Now you are going to get to weaving your bacon. Fold back every other piece of bacon.
4. Next, place a single piece of bacon down and then unfold back the pieces of the strip you just placed.
5. Next, you are going to fold back every other piece starting with the one you didn’t fold the first time.
6. Keep weaving until you are out of bacon.
7. One you are out of bacon and have a square, apply a thin layer of BBQ sauce on top of the bacon weave.
8. Roll beef mixture into a roll shape. Place in on bacon weave and wrap. Tuck in on the ends and apply a thin layer of brown sugar on the outside of bacon.
9. Place meatloaf roll in an aluminum tray and place on grill. Cook meatloaf for 1 hour.
Remove from grill and enjoy!
Now time for my meatloaf recipe:
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef - lean
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 14 – 15 slices of THICK bacon
- 3 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TSP onion powder
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP black pepper
- 3 TBS BBQ Sauce
In a large bowl, add the 2 lbs of the ground beef and add the remaining ingredients (except bacon, 1 TBS BBQ Sauce & 1 TBS brown sugar) and mix well. (Set aside)
Line a flat surface with wax paper and lay down 8 strips of bacon horizontally. Then fold back every other piece of bacon in half. Place a strip of bacon vertically and peel back the folded pieces over the vertical piece of bacon. Next fold back every other piece of bacon again, starting with the strip that you did not fold back before. Repeat the process until you have created a square weave of bacon.
Add thin layer of BBQ sauce with leftover BBQ sauce on top of weaved bacon square.
Form the grounded beef chuck into a roll. Place grounded beef roll in center of bacon weave and wrap the bacon around the roll. Tuck in bacon on edges. Add the remaining brown sugar (1TBS) over the weaved bacon beef roll to enhance the flavor of the bacon when cooking.
Place bacon wrapped meatloaf roll in aluminum pan and place on grill.
Cook for about 1 hour. Rotate the pan on grill after 30 minutes to ensure it cooks even and thoroughly.
Remove from grill, let cool on a plate, slice and serve.