I have been trying to add more vegetables to our meals and decided to make some eggplant parmesan last night! I bought an eggplant at the farmers market and wanted to put it to use whether I was the only one eating it or not.
If you like eggplant, be sure to try my recipe for Eggplant Parmesan.
- 1 large eggplant (around 8oz)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 TSP Sea salt
- 6 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (16oz)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Wash eggplant and cut in ¼ inch round slices. Sprinkle each slice with salt and place in a coriander for 25-30 minutes. This will allow the vegetable to sweat which helps to remove bitterness.
- Remove eggplant slices and place on plate lined with paper towel. Place another paper towel on top of slices to absorb sweat.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Add Parmesan cheese to breadcrumbs and mix.
- Dip slice into flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. Then fry each in a skillet over medium heat with 3TBS vegetable oils for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place on plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, add spaghetti sauce and spread evenly. Place each slice in dish and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Here are some photos of me making our yummy eggplant parmesan!