Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday. My husband tells me at the last minute I need to prepare a meal because we have a couple friends coming over. So I threw some chicken and marinade in a bowl and hopped online to look for some type of dessert recipe. I was hoping for something Quick & Easy. I had been wanting to make some basic sugar cookies and I was able to find a easy sugar cookie recipe within just a couple minutes.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- In bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder
- In another bowl mix sugar and butter. Make sure that your butter is softened or your dough is going to be crumbly. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine bowl bowl mixtures together and knead for a couple minutes
- Make your dough into round balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes
Tip: I rolled my balls of dough into sugar which made them have a nice sugar coating! If you want chewy cookies, take them out at around 8 to 9 minutes. They won’t be as golden as you would like, but they are good. If you leave them in the full 10 or 11 minutes, they will be more golden but have a harder bite to them.
These cookies came out really good for how simple they are. Most of you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry to make them. I know my husband and kids loved them too!