The kids were on Spring Break last week which meant getting less work done for me and more time in the kitchen. I actually was in the mood to bake and made some cute flower sugar cookies. I made quite a bit of dough, so I was able to make some good size cookies. When you add Nutella on your sugar cookies once they are cooled, they are delicious.
Below is a easy recipe for rolled sugar cookie dough:
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups butter – room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Slowly fold in flour and knead until it becomes a dough consistency.
- Cover and chill in fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll about 1 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. For larger cookies, back 10-11 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cool and frost with Nutella!
These cookies are good alone, but incredibly better with Nutella.