One of my favorite things to bake is cookies, especially during the winter months and holidays! I recently tried a Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookie recipe that I found in one of my old Betty Crocker recipe books.
Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
In a bowl add butter and powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed your dough until light and fluffy. Add peppermint extract, egg yolks and food color until blended. Then add your flour, baking powder and salt. Shape the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Using end of handle of wood or plastic spoon, press a deep well into center of each cookie.
Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, reshape cookie wells an allow to cool.
Next you will create your chocolate mixture by microwaving some chocolate chips, cream and butter until it is melted. Once the chocolate is smooth fill each of the cookie with the melted chocolate.
Next top each cookie with half of an Andes Chocolate Mint. You will then want to let cookies stand about an hour to allow chocolate to set.
Want to make these cookies? You can find the Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Recipe below that you can print!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 16 drops green food color
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 18 Andes Crème De Menthe candies (cut in half diagonally)
- Heat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract, egg yolks and food color until blended. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Using end of handle of wooden spoon, press a deep well into center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Reshape wells with end of handle of wooden spoon. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, cream and 3 tablespoons butter on High 1 minute, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Fill each well with about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture; garnish with candy piece. Let stand about 1 hour until chocolate is set.