One meal I remember really liking growing up was chicken and dumplings. I LOVED when my mom would make it for dinner. I would even eat leftovers the next day. You know that I never have attempted to make it until yesterday. I have always thought of trying to make it but was afraid it wasn’t going to turn out tasting the same.
I was surprised on just how easy it is to make this delicious meal. Here is the recipe that I used and plan on using again that only requires minimal ingredients and is easy to make!
- 1½ - 2lbs chicken (breast or thigh) cooked and shredded
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits (8 pack)
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 carrots - sliced
- 3 pieces of celery - sliced
- 1 tbs flour
- In a large pot add the chicken broth and seasoning. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- While broth is simmering you will want to prepare your dumplings. Take each biscuit and break into 4 pieces. Gently pat and roll each of piece on a lightly floured surface.
- Once your broth has simmered for 5 minutes bring back to boil. Add celery and carrots, then individually and carefully drop each piece of biscuit into boiling mixture. Once all pieces are in, cover and reduce to low for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cool and enjoy!
For those that make chicken and dumplings, what do you add in yours?