Do you like bananas and cinnamon? Try this recipe for Banana Cinnamon Waffles that features toaster waffles, honey/agave nectar and all-natural peanut butter.
This recipe is from the of author of Kitchenability 101: The College Student’s Guide to Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Food by Nisa Burns (Kitchenability.com). This is a can’t-miss portable breakfast that is both fast and filling. This recipe is dorm-friendly and appeals to kids and grown-ups alike.
- 2 whole-grain toaster waffles
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or Nutella)
- ½ banana
- 1 tsp honey (or agave nectar)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Toast the waffles to desired crispness.
- Spread the peanut butter on one side of each waffle.
- Slice the banana into ¼ inch rounds.
- Place the banana and honey on one side of the waffle, and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Close like a sandwich and enjoy.
With me buying a jar of Nutella this week, this recipe will make for a yummy breakfast!