We are a family that goes through a lot of milk each month. I thought it would be fun to share some information about milk that you might not know.
- Milk found in your grocery is called shelf stable milk and can sit on pantry shelves for up to several months with NO refrigeration or preservations added.
- Teen years are when bone growth is at is peak, so its critical teens eat calcium-rich foods and limit soda.
- Milk contains 9 essential nutrients and vitamins: protein vitamins A, D and B12, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin, zinc and magnesium.
- The average American consumes almost 25 gallons of milk a year.
- Milk in boxes has the same great taste of milk found in the diary case in other container types.
- The same milk can be found in two different formats: refrigerated and non-refrigerated.
- 99% of all U.S. households purchase milk.
For more milk facts, visit Milk Unleashed’s 30 Things You Never Knew About Milk.
Take a peek at this video that shows how moms are discovering shelf milk!