One of my favorite things to add to many of my foods is avocado! There are times when I wish I had an unlimited supply and someday hope to grow my own, I love them that much. For those of you that enjoy pasta and also love avocado like I do you are going to want to try this avocado and lime pasta recipe that my family enjoys that is definitely full of flavor.
When it comes to BBQ’ing one of my favorite side dishes to make is macaroni salad. The options are almost endless. There are so many different foods that you can add to make your own macaroni salad creation.
I recently received from fresh organic vegetables from Farm Fresh To You and I couldn’t wait to use the celery and the purple bell peppers in a macaroni salad.
Some pasta salads are served as a side dish while others are served as a meal. I am a big fan of pasta salads because the possibilities are endless.
Yesterday I made some Avocado Bacon Pasta that I will be making again soon.
Below is a recipe for our Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Shells that you might also enjoy!
- 24 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 4½ cups Kraft shredded cheese mix (Parmesan, Romano & Asiago)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- In a large bowl add Ricotta ½ of the cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add 1 cup of cheese mix, 1 tbsp parsley, bacon, garlic salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into cooked shells and place in a non-stick 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Add flour and mix until smooth. Gradually add the whipping cream, both and milk. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium high and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture has thickened. Add remaining cheese mix, remaining cream cheese and remaining parsley. Pour mixture over shells. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!