One of my favorite types of muffins would have to be blueberry. In my pastry/baking class we made some delicious blueberry muffins that I plan on making again. I am posting the recipe below but you are going to need a food scale in order to weigh the ingredients!
- 8½ oz Pastry flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 6 oz Sugar
- 2 oz Vegetable oil
- 1½ oz Melted butter
- 3 oz Eggs
- 5 oz Milk
- 4 oz Blueberries
- Combine and sift together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together oil and melted butter, then whisk into remaining liquid ingredients. Whisk to break up the eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold together liquid into dry.
- Add berries when the batter is mixed halfway. Do not over mix. Batter should be rough and lumpy, not smooth.
- Spray 12 standard-size muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with muffin papers.
- Using a #16 scoop, scoop the batter from along the sides of the bowl, being careful not to stir the batter. Deposit 2 ½ oz. batter into standard muffin tins. Muffin tins should be about ⅔ full.
- Top with streusel if desired. (optional)
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you want to add streusel to the top of your blueberry muffins, here are the ingredients:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
You simply combine these ingredients with a pastry blender or fork to make it crumbly!