This month I had the opportunity to attend a Beauty and the Beast event at the Williams Sonoma in Beverly Hills that included some recipe demos, flower making and more. The chef’s at Williams Sonoma created a few Beauty and the Beast inspired dishes that we got to try that included Meat Ragu, Cheese Souffle and Squash Soup du Jour. Below I am sharing a quick video of the cooking demo as well as the delicious Meat Ragu Recipe you will want to try.
When it comes to meat, I think I might create dishes with chicken a little too often. My last chicken purchase consisted of 40 pounds of chicken breast that I have been trying to put to good use. My family might be tired of eating chicken for dinner but I am not.
For those of you that like chicken and like veggies, here is a healthy and delicious recipe courtesy of Iberia that includes chicken breast, zucchini, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, basil and the Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 large zucchinis cut into large rounds
- 3 red peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. basil
- Salt to taste
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the chicken breasts in large squares and then insert in the bamboo skewers alternating the zucchinis and red pepper.
- Using the remaining bamboo skewers, make vegetarian kabobs with the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and red pepper, adding salt and Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place them in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, drizzle some more Iberia Olive Oil on them and enjoy! It’s a spectacular presentation with great flavor!
What else would you add to these kabobs?
Below is a recipe for our Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Shells that you might also enjoy!
- 24 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 4½ cups Kraft shredded cheese mix (Parmesan, Romano & Asiago)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- In a large bowl add Ricotta ½ of the cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add 1 cup of cheese mix, 1 tbsp parsley, bacon, garlic salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into cooked shells and place in a non-stick 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Add flour and mix until smooth. Gradually add the whipping cream, both and milk. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium high and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture has thickened. Add remaining cheese mix, remaining cream cheese and remaining parsley. Pour mixture over shells. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!
This month I am participating in the Mystery Ingredient Blogger Showcase recipe contest. Each participant was sent a mystery ingredient that happened to be Colman’s Mustard. When I first thought of recipes that I could use the mustard with, I thought of deviled eggs.
My next thought was my yummy Mini Cheese Meatloaves…
Now here is my recipe, but I am also going to show you just how easy these are to make. I also need your help in maybe having a chance of winning this recipe contest by taking a minute out to vote for my recipe at MysteryIngredientBloggerShowcase.com.
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp Colman's Mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bow, add egg and milk. Use whisk to mix.
- Add cheese, onion, oats, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt and stir. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into eight small loaves and place on non-stick 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in baking dish.
- In a small bowl add ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and mix well. Spoon mixture over loaves and bake uncovered for 45 minutes until meat is no longer pink.
Now look just how easy these are to make!
In a large bow you are going to add the egg and milk. Use whisk to mix. Then add the cheese, onion, oats, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and stir.
Next add the ground beef and mix well.
After the ingredients are mixed well, shape into 8 small sized loaves.
Next grab a bowl and add the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and mix well. Spoon the mixture over the mini meatloaves.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
If you have enjoyed my recipe, please take a moment of your time to give me a vote. You can vote once per day through December 1, 2013. Visit MysteryIngredientBloggerShowcase.com to vote or find other recipes like this one!