Sometimes there are cakes that are good without all the frosting. Don’t get me wrong, I love cake with frosting but there are days when I like something with a little less sweetness to it. Those are the days when a butter cake is a must!
When I make butter cake it goes FAST! You would think the kids would turn their noses up at a cake without frosting but they know me too well. They know I love to make food that tastes good so they weren’t hesitant to ask for a piece.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter - room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp beaten egg (for top of cake)
- In a large bowl add butter and sugar and mix well. Add vanilla extract and almond extract and continue to mix until well blended.
- Next add eggs and beat until mixture is creamy. Add flour and mix until it reaches a dough consistency.
- Add dough into a un-greased 11x7 or 9x12 baking pan. Make sure to press dough into each corners and use spatula to make dough smooth.
- Add 1tsp of water to 1tsp of beaten egg and Spread on top of dough evenly.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until dough is firm to touch.
- Cool and enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of cake?