With Valentine’s Day comes beautiful red roses, dimly lit candles, boxes of chocolate, romantic dinners, but how about breakfast in bed?
bistroMD’s yummy recipe for Mixed Berry Crepes is the perfect for surprising your honey in bed. Why not spoil your honey and be able to spoil yourself by making yourself a plate too!
These crepes are filled with fresh ricotta cheese and served with a variety of fresh delicious berries. Now for the recipe.
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 ½ pint of strawberries
- 1 ½ pint of blueberries
- 1 ½ pint of aspberries
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 ½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour, salt, oil and zest. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons of the granulated sugar, or to taste. In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 and a ½ Tablespoons of granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in ¼ cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook until the crepe is golden underneath, for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat the process to make 8 crepes
- Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and ¼ cup of the berry mixture and roll into a tube. Place 2 crepes on each individual plate. Top ½ cup of berries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.